Sunday, January 2, 2011

January 1: River of Stones

There's a lot of "new" planned in 2011 for the bookstore. I'll blog updates. And you can subscribe to the Frog's weekly email by sending a request to joel@foureyedfrog.com. Here is a photo of the little tree we had on our store's "Green Table." It will be history later today. But I'm participating in a nifty daily exercise called A River of Stones. More about that soon, too. Suffice it to say that each day I'll post a little description of something I saw and paid attention to. And when possible, I'll add a photo (such as the Christmas Tree) to illustrate what I saw. Here's today's "Stone"...


Reflected pinpoints of color, set like jewels in sparkling silver.
The season wanes; lights out.
A tiny tree loses its luster; shows drab grey.
Waiting for another Christmas.
 
--Joel

No comments:

Post a Comment